Saturday, August 6, 2011

Oh Holy Zoe!

Omg ooc I am so incredibly excited that Rachel Zoe's new clothing line has officially hit stores!! I got a sneak peek earlier this week at my store of choice (Neiman Marcus Austin) and the line is siiiiiiiiick!! Major cred goes out to R.Zoe because I honestly think she had a lot of creative influence in her line, because I seriously could see her in EVERY piece of the pilot collection (well except maybe the denim). The line is super retro, and while not as Boho chic as I was hoping, It is extremely well refined and thought out. From careful sequin selection, to subtle touches of leather, and to the designer look of the buttons and closures, the line is in my eyes a success; especially after Zoe's QVC line of faux furs last year. Zoe made a great business move doing a high end line. As of right now Neiman Marcus is the only retailer in Austin that is carrying the line.


This is my fist fave look in the collection, The long faux fur vest.  Zoe did a great job making sure the faux fur has some dimension and is higher quality. The color is also great, and I like the leather detailing around the fur which makes it more versatile.

The next is this amazing camel wool suit!! The suit is so retro and has an retro Halston feel. The military jacket is double breasted and has buttons and a belt. It is retailing for $525. The pants however are the best part. They are super high waisted and a true tailored trouser. The fabrication is thick enough that they lay nice and would be flattering on different body types. The pants run at $375 and are totally worth it. I paired it with the ivory metallic bow blouse which also looks great paired with just the trousers.

The 3rd look is by far in my opinion the best look in the collection. It is this incredible camel colored wool dress with black leather piping and an exposed zipper down the back. Its got a slight cap sleeve but it definitely works. The dress is super mini though, so all you tall ladies, this might not be the right one for you unless you pair it with tights! :) This is a great transition piece into fall.




until next time lovies.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment