Friday, November 25, 2011

Libation Station: the perfect French 75

I have been a fan of the French 75 for a while now, there's just something about drinks that mix gin and champagne that always interests me and typically those are the drinks I order.

I must say I think that one of the best places I've had one in Austin is at .
The proportions are perfect.

Do yourself a fave and go to paggi and try one. Or better yet, try this recipe and perfect your own!

TRADITIONAL FRENCH 75

1 1/2 oz gin
2 tsp superfine sugar
1 1/2 oz lemon juice
4 ozchilled Champagne
1 slice orange
1 maraschino cherry

In a shaker half-filled with ice cubes, combine the gin, sugar, and lemon juice. Shake well. Pour into a collins glass. Top with the champagne. Stir well and garnish with the orange slice and the cherry.


Enjoy!!
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment